OSG believes in gel technology. The Gel formulations with suitable rheological and mucoadhesive properties increase the contact time at the site of absorption. However, drug release from the gel is sustained if benefits are to be gained from the prolonged contact time.
Gel technology is considered best because of its advantages,
- Gels are used to achieve optimal cutaneous and percutaneous drug delivery.
- They can avoid gastrointestinal drug absorption difficulties caused by gastrointestinal pH.
- Gels are having a property to avoid enzymatic activity and drug interaction with food and drinks.
- They can substitute for oral administration of medication when the route is unsuitable.
- They can avoid the first-pass effect, that is, the initial pass of drug substance through the human body.